11 November 2008

Graphias Casa da Gravura

I also visited an artists' book exhibition in an atelier (print studio) today. I only intended to pop in, but was shown around and given coffee by a man who explained the studio to me so I stayed for hours. In my broken Portuguese and his broken English, it was a relief to find that many technical terms for printing methods are very similar! He showed me the presses, then let me look through a huge mass of prints and books. There was some fantastic etching and lithography, it is possible that when I come back I may look into working somewhere like this...

When I showed Mauro (I think this was his name) my drawings and explained how I was intending to produce prints/books upon my return to England, he showed me a selection of beautiful aquatints of Sao Paulo.



And these are some of Renina Katz's etchings on show in the current exhibition upstairs of the atelier:

No comments: